It is very important to identify the indexing of research journals before submitting research papers to them. Because there are many predatory, fake, or cloned journals in the market that claim false indexing on their websites.
In this blog post, I will be sharing some important and useful ways to identify Web of Science (SCI), Scopus, etc., indexing of research journals.
First, of all, we will look at the different research journal indexers. Furthermore, we will see how researchers can use the official websites of indexers to verify the SCI Scopus indexing of journals. Besides that, I will also explore the sophisticated method to identify SCI, Scopus, PubMed, and UGC CARE indexing of journals easily.
Also, read: How to check Scopus indexed journals?
Steps to check if a journal is indexed in PubMed.
Journal indexing agencies
Identify Scopus indexed journals
- Visit the official website of Scopus.
- Enter the journal-title into the search box and click on Find Sources to find details regarding the journal. It will help you to check Scopus indexed journals.
Identify Web of Science (SCIE, SSCI, ESCI, AHCI) journals indexing
Researchers can visit the official website of Clarivate to verify and identify journals’ web of science indexing status.
Here you can verify SCI journals indexing by journal title or ISSN.
Check PubMed/ Medline status of journals
- Visit the official website of NLM.
- Type the journal-title or ISSN in the search box and click on the search button.
- The journal details will be shown if it is in the National Library of Medicine (NLM) catalog.
- Check the “current indexing status.” Indexed journals show “Currently indexed for MEDLINE.”
How to know the current indexing of a UGC CARE journal?
- visit the official website of UGC CARE.
- Enter the journal title and click on the search button to know if the journal is UGC CARE approved or not.
In this blog post, I described how researchers can check the indexing of research journals to avoid publishing in predatory or fake journals.
We demonstrated step by step to identify Scopus, SCIE, PubMed, and UGC CARE research journals. It is recommended to visit these official websites (Scopus, SCIE, PubMed, UGC CARE, etc;) to check the status of a research journal.
Moreover, researchers can also visit journalsearches.com to find the current indexing of a research journal. From this single online platform, you can find all the important details of a research journal. It will also help researchers to find the ranking of a journal like an impact factor, SJR score, etc;
More articles to read: